Tuesday, March 06, 2007

These are the "Days of Our Lives"

As I start to write this, I am laughing so hysterically that it is hard for me to type. The laughing so hard may come from the fact that I am finding myself at that "brown house" stage right about now. You know, the stage of tiredness that if someone said, "brown house", you would break into hysterical laughter even though it means absolutly nothing. The 3 cups of coffee this morning were not near enough to make my mind functional at 2:30pm. So the story I am laughing at goes like this--I hope you find it as funny as I do right now. If you don't, just tell me to go make another pot of coffee.
At 1:00ish eveyday, I put Tessa down for her nap and I put the others in the basement with a movie--this is MY TIME, and I love it. I usually grab the laptop and plunk on the couch and surf all my favorite blogger sites and catch up on my emails. I ALWAYS have "Days of Our Lives" on tv and this is my ONE flaw (hehe--kidding), I watch this one smutty show. So around 2:00, Elli comes walking up the stairs and comes into the living room and starts to watch tv. I am really oblivious that she even is here--if I think about it, I don't even remember her coming up--i was too engrossed in this computer stuff. Well, I guess after Days Of Our Lives comes another soap, and that one had just started. As I am reading things on the computer, I hear Elli say, "WOW--that really must have hurt". She said it so sympathetically. So caringly (is that a word?). So, I looked up and looked at the tv, only to see 2 people kissing sooo extremely passionate on the couch, that they happened to FALL OFF the couch and onto the floor. To look back at Elli to see her staring like a deer caught in the headlights. She was honestly concerned about the fall that these two love birds just took. Immediatly, I turned the tv to cartoons and burst into laughter. The tone of her voice saying, "wow, that really must have hurt", made me giggle so hard. She was just so generally concerned for these two people. She of course thought I was laughing at her and got all offended--we are really into the, "laughing at others is bad manners" thing right now. So, off I am to make another pot of coffee and then I will re-read this and see if I find it as funny when I am caffine intoxicated!!

4 comments:

Dana said...

Elli has compassion, even if it is a bit misdirected.

Why so tired today?

Tina said...

I have a husband who broke 2+ toes playing dodgeball--yes, dodgeball, and keeps me up all night groaning!!

Samantha said...

That's hilarious Tina - I'm laughing with you!

denhartigh said...

That is funny! You never know how their little minds process stuff. Definitely differently than ours!