Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh Baby!

My baby is now officially a "self-feeder". I no longer am allowed to put a spoon up to her mouth without her pulling it away and doing it herself. Oh the independance of a one year old!! I remember waiting for the day with Elli, the oldest, to be able to master this feat. I couldn't wait till I could sit her in her high chair and put a jar of yogart in front of her and let her go to it. That meant that I could leave the room, change a load of laundry, eat MY OWN food, or just plain multi task. I am a bit saddened that my baby no long needs me for ONE more thing. She wants to eat like the big kids, sit at the table like the big kids, play like the big kids, and talk like the big kids (which is quite hilarious). I celebrate her independance, but do find it hard to watch her growing so fast. I know, it's inevitable, but at times I wish I could slow it down.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stumbled across this online. You have your hands full! Beautiful photos. Send me an email to say hello.

kellyrichards@sbcglobal.net

Kelly (Lambers) Richards