Monday, October 30, 2006

Day 3...and counting

Naaayyyyy, clop clop...That means "is it time for lunch?" We have a new language in the Vink household. Some may find it hard to decode, but if you are going on hearing it 24/7 for 3 days now, you tend to pick it up rather quickly. There are many sounds I didn't even know horses made, until Josie transformed into "Girl Spirit". No, her name is no longer Josie. In fact, Josie doesn't even exist anymore--according to her. Her new name---Girl Spirit. Girl Spirit no longer uses the 2 legs God gave her, she uses the "4" legs God gave her. She no longer eats like a beautiful girl, she now laps up her food, chews her cud, and shakes her head when trying to dry off the water she rubs on her face. (Girl Spirit needs a bath you know). My beautiful girl no longer eats with her hands, b/c horses don't have arms and hands. Down goes the face into the bowl and up comes Girl Spirit with a face full of Mac and Cheese, naying and stomping. Is that similiar to the belch meaning "it was very good mom?". Our conversations are limited with her, since no words come out, just naying and shaking of the head, and stomping of the feet. The only words she has said the last 3 days are, "say hi Girl Spirit"--and reluctantly, we have to say "Hi Girl Spirit". Then we get a nice little brush up against our leg by her head, and she is off on all 4's again. Such an affectionate horse we have!! Anyways, I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND OVER IT!! Writing this, I am sort of chuckling a bit, but will it ever end? She has played the horse game for about 2 years now, but never this engrossed in it. I don't know what to do--do I give her the option of stopping Girl Spirit or getting punished--I feel that is condoning her wonderful imagination, but I don't know how many more days of this I can take!! Has anyone elses kids done this? Serioulsy, we are on Day 3--where do these kids come from?? Sometimes I think God is playing a silly little joke on me! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok, you did it, You made me stop wanting to have babies with this story. I just remembered that the glorious pregnancy and precious first year turns in to toddlerhood. Good luck with that one, we only have pretend puppies over here. :)

Anonymous said...

I have no experience with this whatsoever, but I'd put money on it that Girl Spirit grows out of this one. Or, you could start feeding her grass and tell her that she'll have to start sleeping on hay out in the garage. :)