Monday, September 18, 2006

Funny Girl

Funny story. All day today, Elli kept coming up to me and telling me these "matter of fact" statements. She was completely serious and thought she was telling me something that she had just discovered all on her own. After awhile I began to chuckle, b/c it struck me that she REALLY thought she was "teaching " me something. Here is a sample of the statements I heard ALL day long:
1. Mom, I know why they call 2-wheelers, 2 wheelers. Because they have 2 wheels.
2. Mom, I know why they call a living room a living room. Because its a room and you live in it.
3. Mom, I know why they call a doll house a doll house. Because its a house for dolls.
4. Mom, I know why they call go carts, go carts. Because they are carts and they go.
5. Mom, I know why they call Go Diego Go, Go Diego Go. Because Diego goes.
6. Mom, I know why they call it the Wiggles. Because they wiggle.

After I told Dean this story, he said that I should have stumped her: Elli, why do they call a kitchen a kitchen? Why do they call it a kitchen? Hmmm--may have to google that one. (I'm sure Jenny already has!!!--Google Queen).

Anyway, this just struck me as funny today. All that hard earned tuition money--see what they learn in pre-school already. And who said that kids don't necessarily need to go to preschool? Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've consulted my good friends at Google and learned the following: "If you look in the dictionaries, they tell you that for over 1,000 years, such English terms as cycene, kycchen, and ketching have meant “the place in a house where cooking is done.""

Always bulking up on useless facts. Never know when it will win you a trivia game. Haha.

Anonymous said...

You know, it's been more than a week since your last blog.
Your fans are waiting for another!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina. This is Nicki Chandler (mannes). Danielle gave my your address so I could possibly start a blog. (we are moving). I am cracking up at your comments becasue you sound just like me. I can relate to everything you are saying!! Can you believe your life? Everyday I still can't believe what I do and who I feed and get dressed and give baths to . It's truly amazing what we do an a daily basis. I love Days of our lives and often times have to choose between that and a nap for me! Our kids are 7, 5, and 3 now. It seems to normal now....compared to 4 under 4. Gabi is our biggest help, obviously. Proably similar to Elli, huh.
Hang in there. I would love to tell you it gets easier....but that's just not true for quite a while. Aren't we so blessed though even through all the chaos. someday it's gonna be a great, fun family. And it is now, but you know what I mean.
Good luck and great job.
love nicki