Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gasp!!

Photobucket


I seriously do not know how I ever let her out of the house looking like this. It may have been my lack of coffee this morning, which in turn contributes to my lack of awareness. I loaded them all in the car to make a visit to the mall. (I know, your all cringing right now...). As we were half way there, I looked back in the truck, b/c Josie was making the most awful singing noises (not unlike her, so I think God was trying to prepare my eyes before I reached the mall). And much to my gasping and heart stopping....I saw the most funky, elaborate, uncoordinated thing in my life...along with every faux pas known to man. Here she was, in cheetah shoes with hot pink Valentine heart socks, grease stained sweatshirt material brown capri's, a totally different shade of hot pink shirt, jean jacket that is WAY too short for her long torso, a suede brown headband with obnoxious flowers all over, and 2 pigtails that stick straight out of the side of her head, that have been in since yesterday morning. And there she sat, happy as a clam. And there I sat, not willing to turn around and go back home to change her. We did it. We went to the mall, and we walked around like nothing was the matter. I acted totally oblivious to the fact that my child looked like a dirty little rat that just came out of an 80's video.

6 comments:

Dana said...

Seriously? I don't think it looks that bad. What does that say about my sense of style for 4 year olds?ne

Dana said...

Seriously? I don't think it looks that bad. What does that say about my sense of style for 4 year olds?

Dana said...

What in the world, Blogger.

Dana said...

And why does one of the duplicate comments have an "ne" in it?
Weird.

Tina said...

See, now you have me studying it...I may agree with you, Dana. Although, in the pic, you cannot see all the ranch dressing grease stains that the pants have on them, and the socks, which she started at the top and rolled down, or the back of her head which was completely matted down from sleeping the pig tails all night. I guess it was one of those times, where you had to be there. But, I agree...she looks cute regardless!!

Michelle said...

Makes me feel better about how Emma looked at Natalie's house the other day. : )