Sunday, December 09, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Tessa

My baby turned 2 yesterday. I love the fact that I am FINALLY able to do most things now--get out of the house, skip naps if need be....but, I am also a little sad that her "babyhood" is flying by. I absolutley love this age, and would freeze her right now if I could. But I know I can't, and am excited to see all that God has planned for her life as she grows. She is such a delight to us. She definately is the "Princess" of the family, and I am sure (I know) she gets away with everything she shouldn't just because she is the youngest. She is the nightly entertainment at the dinner table, with all of her funny faces she has to show us. She is a walking tape recorder, as I hear daily my own words come out of her mouth. She definately has been a blessing to our family, and I pray God allows us many more years with her.



Proof of the terrible 2's. Yesterday I put her down for her nap. She has always been the easiest one of my kids to put down. You lay her down and she just goes right to sleep--no fussing or crying. And, she sleeps 3 hours--no hands down. Well, yesterday (on her 2nd birthday) she decided to refuse a nap--the FIRST time she has ever done this. So, I let her talk to herself for 2 hours, and then decided that because it was her birthday, I would just let her skip a nap today--which if she hadn't gone to sleep yet after 2 hours of talking to herself, she wasn't going to do it. So I went up to her room to get her, and this is what I found. A completely naked girl who had thrown everything out of her crib. This is the first time she has even attempted to do this--weird that she decided to choose her 2nd birthday to start. And yes, it happened again this afternoon. Completely buck naked!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

LOL!

Michelle said...

Welcome to two Tessa! Very funny story!

Stacy said...

Love the naked 2 year old. Ain't life interesting!?

Lynell Shooks said...

i love that you stopped to take a picture. awesome!

Sara said...

I know this sounds crazy but the DAY that Evie turned two, she really did turn two. She became a whining, temper-tamper-throwing toddler on that very day. So far it hasn't stopped!