Thursday, July 26, 2007

A lesson learned

Elli had a good point today. We are going camping tomorrow, for the "Vink Annual Camping Weekend". I include the "annual" in there, for the fact that we only do this ONCE a year, and at the end of the weekend, we all know why. I will let you all know how it turns out. Anyway, with Dean being gone on business all week, and me being alone ALL week with the kids, I had to bite the bullet and do the worst thing imaginable in my book--do the all out, huge grocery shopping trip with all 4 kids. I wish sometimes I had a blood pressure cuff in my car so that I could actually see how high my blood pressure is at times like that. As we were following the bagger out to the car, I was chit chatting about--what else--the weather. After she got all the bags in the car and I got all the kids loaded and buckled, Elli looked at me and asked,
"Mom, do you know that girls name."
"No, she is the girl who brings our groceries to our car."
"Is she a stranger to you then?"
"I guess, but she seemed like a nice girl and she did a nice thing for us."
"I thought we weren't supposed to talk to strangers, and aren't people strangers if we don't know their names?"

Ummm.....what else do you say. Busted. So, I cranked the radio and pretended not to hear her still talking about how we can't talk to strangers and what makes a stranger a stranger..lada lada lada. How do you explain that one?

No comments: