Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Is it wrong to chain your kids to a tree?



There definatly are days that I wish I could tie my kids up to a tree. Away from anything they can touch or hurt or destroy. Yesterday was one of those days. I was changing laundry and found Tessa walking into the laundry room with this lovely present on her legs. Josie was close behind her. I asked Josie where Tessa got all the pen on her legs from. Josie gives me a shy little shrug and just sat there giving me puppy dog eyes. I asked again--a little more stern this time, knowing I had found the culprit. Josie said that she found a pen in the car. I asked why she was playing in the car, when she knows that the car is off limits. Again...the shy shrug...I asked if the pen was still in the car. I went out to the car to get the pen, and look at the nice surprise I came to. Of course, Josie tells me that Tessa was the one who colored in the car---ummm, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to discover that a one year old cannot draw stick people yet, no matter how advanced their parents think they are. Needless to say, Josie spent a great deal of the afternoon sitting in the "Time-out chair". Great for resale, huh. Any ideas on how to get pen out of leather?

3 comments:

the VanKoevering's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the VanKoevering's said...

Try really cheap hairspray. I used this in our vehicle...I figured if it worked on cloths...it was worth a try!! The ink was on the vinyl on the door...and our vinyl was gray, but it took it all out. I just used a lot of hairspray and hot soapy water.

Good luck!!!

Sara said...

Tina this is so funny, it made me laugh outloud. I would just leave it there and not even try to remove it...just as a reminder that material things shouldn't matter to you. And to make you smile! :) I say that but my kid didn't color on my leather console (yet)!