Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Monsters Inc.



I am finding myself allowing the kids to do things that I normally would not. I think a bit of it is being cooped in the house and not wanting to listen to whining and what not. Another part of it is---they are so quiet and busy if I allow them to do things they think are naughty!! Tessa is into surfing the kitchen table lately. I used to (2 weeks ago) tell her "no", and take her off everytime she climbed onto the chair and then onto the table. Then I realized, that if I allowed her to "surf" she would stay occupied for 20 minutes or so and I would not hear a whine, cry, or peep from her. My definition of serenity= quiet in a household with 4 kids, 4 and under!! All those rules of consistency---down the drain. I have this feeling that I may be creating monsters though! I hope others out there do the same thing. As long as I don't find them surfing the restaurant tables. Lesson for tomorrow= what happens in the Vink house, Stays in the Vink house!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: