Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Success!!

One foot in. Both feet in. Hind end next. There, SUCCESS!! And the joyous look on her face--priceless. I know, I sound like one of those "priceless" commercials. As I was going through these pictures, a deep thought came to my mind. Now, mind you, I don't get many of these deep thoughts going through my mind, so whenever I do, I feel as though I need to share it with anyone and everyone. And lucky you--you should have stayed away from my blog, b/c now you are forced to read them. Hehe! My thought was this: why as we get older, does our view of success get harder and harder to obtain? Why do we view success as things that are almost unattainable? As I was watching Tessa try to conquer this basket, I realized that this was a big feat for her. She was truly elated when she obtained success in getting in that basket. If that were me trying to get in that basket and succeeding, I would not view/consider that success--why? Why do I feel like success has to be some magnificant, earth moving accomplishment in my life? Why does the word success come to mind only when something SO big happens in my life that it should be newsworthy--new job, promotion at work, landing that BIG account, finishing the River Bank Run, losing all that baby weight. Why can't we look at success in our everyday things? Why can't I see success in the 3 inches that Josie has grown since summer (I fed that little body!!), the kisses and hugs that Tessa slobbers on us (I taught her those affectionate jestures), the sweet "theological" questions Elli comes up with on a daily bases (I have helped implant Jesus in her heart), the "your the best mommy ever" kissups from Thys (I have succeeded in being a loving mom to him), the "I appreciate you" lines from Dean (I have succeeded in [still am working on] being the best wife I can to him).......I need to realize that this family DEPENDS ON MY daily successes. The laundry getting done, the food getting cooked, the kids getting dressed and out the door, the daily prayers I pray for the family's safety, and growth (physical and spiritual). I don't need to look outside at others and envy their accomplishments, all I need to do is look in my own house and realize that I have definatly succeeded in a multitude of ways!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Tina. I really needed to hear a bit of inspiration this week so I read your post twice. Thanks, I really appreciated your deep thoughts.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely successful:)