Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Elli's First Day of School!!


As I write this, my little girl is at her first day of preschool. She was so excited this morning, hence the waking up at 6:45 this morning--ouch!! I think I was asked at least 15 times this morning if it was time to go yet. I let her pick out her own outfit this morning, which I was a little nervous about what would actually be the outcome, but I think she did extreemly well. When we got to the school, she immediatly started playing with a little friend from church--Kayla--out of the 14 kids in Elli's class, 11 of them go to our church!! Kinda nice for the kids, since they are all familiar with faces already. Her teacher, Mrs. Pat, is a wonderful lady and very inviting.
I think Thys and Josie are having "Elli Withdrawl" already. They cried the whole way home from school, b/c they thought that I left Elli. They are sort of roaming around the house right now, and feel lost without their "activities director" (A.K.A.--Elli). I am not too emotional, I think seeing the excitment and pure delight in Elli's eyes this morning, makes me realize that she is going to absolutly LOVE school, and how can a mom be sad about that!! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an exciting day for Elli and for you:) I can't wait to hear about her first day and all her new friends. She did an excellent job on the outfit!

Samantha said...

Your blogs are always so well put and I enjoy reading them! You really do capture what it's like to be a mom of young kids (I'm your neighbor and I know all you say is true!!) :) I'm glad for you that things went well - cute picture by the front door. Now that Grace is in school on Tuesdays too, maybe once in awhile we could get together for coffee and let the kids play for those two hours - after all we still have five kids left between the two of us (isn't that a little sad?) There's power in numbers!!

Samantha said...

I meant - not that the kids can overtake us because they outnumber us, but that us Moms have to stick together - if not for you, I need the support!!