Monday, August 14, 2006

Holy Cows


Dean and the kids have this Sunday night tradition of going on a "woods walk". There is this awesome trail around the pond in our backyard and every Sunday night they venture out to become the next explorers. It always consists of stopping to feed the cows about half way through and finding something interesting (or at least interesting in 3 and 4 year old minds) to bring back to mommy. I have grown to LOVE this "woods walk", not only b/c I see the kids eyes light up when they get to have time with daddy, but selfishly I love being in the house all alone--which happens about 30 minutes out of the week!! I love the fact that Dean takes time to look at flowers or sticks or anything else that interests them. If it were me, I would be hurrying them through, not stopping to look at anything, b/c I wanted to just "get it over with". I have never been into nature. I would be the one that always ran to the end of the hiking trail and would just wait for the rest of my family when I was growing up. It would always annoy me that they would stop to look at every piece of moss or flower or anything else that I felt was insignificant. So, I appreciate that Dean takes his own sweet time to let the kids wander and enjoy nature. And, it also gives me more time to myself!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: