Sunday, November 02, 2008

Eshhhhhh!

So, what time did your kids wake up this morning because of the blasted time change? Last night I said to Dean, "you know the whole spring forward, fall back thing doesn't really apply once you have a truckload of kids..." We both laughed. When we were in college, it was great...you would keep saying all night, "it's not 11pm, its only 10pm....we can stay out longer, and still get the same amount of sleep." Then we had the monkeys. Now, the whole "fall back", gain an extra hour thing, means diddly squat. All it means, is that your amazing, cute, adorable, perfect, quiet, wonderful kids (yes, I think I am delusional because of the early rise) look and sound like absolute hellions at 5:15am.....so, what time did your kids wake up this morning?

7 comments:

Meyers Family said...

AMEN to that!!! Ours actually slept in until 6am according to my husband - I must have slept through it all :)

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog once in awhile and today I have to say, I SO AGREE! My son who wakes up for his 6 a.m. feeding woke up at 5 Aye can I get a little break! But does that mean he will go back to sleep at 7 instead of 8 for the rest of the night! Hmmmmmm.....

Beca said...

yup, mine too were up at 6:15 instead of 7:15. meanwhile, my husband is snoring away, oblivious to it all. so typical.

Anonymous said...

Yep... 5am...it has been a loooooong day!!

Anonymous said...

Yep... 5am...it has been a loooooong day!!

Dykstra Bunch said...

I think I have you beat - 4:15 a.m with one and the rest about then. I think I am going to take their windows out of their rooms and close it up so no sunshine goes in their rooms.

Brenda said...

wow...you all DO have early kids. My kid woke up at 6:30, when 7:30 was her normal wake up time. I guess I wont' complain since I see a "4:15am" wake-up!!