Friday, June 27, 2008

High Expectations

Elli and I were talking this morning. She was asking me about school and what grades you had to be in order to move up to the "next school".

Elli: "So, after 8th grade, I move up to high school?"
Me: "yup" (a mom of many words)
Elli: "And after high school, where do I go?"
Me: "After 12th grade, you go to college."
Elli" "And then what?"
Me: "Then you have to go to work."
Elli: "Oh, yea...I am going to go to collage to work at McDonalds!!" {said with the most excitement I have heard from her in weeks}
Elli: "And then if you and daddy come to visit me at McDonalds, I will give you food cheap."

Ok, so they say by the time your child graduates from college, you will have spent well over $100,000 on their education. Yippee, so now I will get a Happy Meal for $1.99 instead of $2.99. Do you think she will charge me extra if I want to upgrade to a milkshake with the Happy Meal, or just allow me the mini drink that comes with it?...which by the way, if so packed full of ice, that I honestly don't even think there is a drop of liquid even in the glass. We strive for high expectations around this house.

**this is not intended to disrespect any of those who have/had a job with McDonalds. If it weren't for you, my children would have never known the finer dining environment that McDonalds offers. And, we would have never had so many broken/useless toys sitting around our house as we do now!

No comments: