Monday, January 21, 2008

Infatuation

Elli: "Mom, can I have some tape?"
Mom: "Ummm, what are you going to do with tape?"

I say this, b/c a time not so long ago, her asking for tape ended up in Thys' mouth and eyes being taped shut, and a very distraught mommy trying to rip tape off of Thys' eyebrows and eyelashes.

Elli: "I just NEED it....PLEASE!!!"
Mom: "You aren't going to tape any one's mouth or eyes again, are you?"
Elli: "No, I am not going to do anything naughty with it...I PROMISE!!"

Reluctantly, I gave in....wondering who's eyebrows or lashes were going to get ripped of this day.

Minutes later, I go upstairs sure that I am going to find some sort of act of defiance being performed...instead, I find a little girl gazing into the eyes of Troy, and the other High School Musical cast. Sitting on her top bunk, she had taped this poster to her wall right by her pillow. I had to take a picture, b/c of my own "Teen Beat" and "Tiger Beat" memories. Although, I think I was more like 13, not 5. Maybe it is the hormones in milk now a days, that are making our kids mature earlier.....

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What can I say? I am a HSM fan too! I was secretly dissappointed that I wasn't invited to a HSM2 party, my friends daughter was having.

My room walls were littered with New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul and Milli Vanilli.