Thursday, January 10, 2008


The fourth and final challenge. Ahhh...the challenge of potty training. Fourth time around, and it isn't any easier. Tessa constantly wants her diaper off, and I am constantly trying to put it back on her. I am not ready. She wants to sit on the potty any minute she can get--and then she just sits...and sits...and sits. She cannot sit alone. She is a girl, by the way. She needs to chat. So there we all sit... on the bathroom floor waiting for her to "finish". She wants us all to be quiet so that we can hear the potty hitting the water, and anytime we make a little noise we get the "shhhh" from her (equipt with the whole index finger over the lip and the long drawn out shussshing). All 4 of us (everyone but Tessa) has the rolling of the eyes down to a science. The bathroom is not considered a "warm and cozy" room to hang out in according to me. How does a 2 year old persuade 4 other people (one who happens to be 30-something) to sit in a bathroom for the better part of their day? I find myself lying to the other kids that "mommy hears the phone ringing, stay here with Tessa while I go grab it", just so that I can get out of this "prison". If we are not in the room I hear --"MOMMMMMMM, MOMMMMMM ". She looks so innocent and cute in this picture, but don't let her fool you--she is the bathroom nazi. It will be done soon enought, right?

No comments: