Friday, January 25, 2008

Blast From The Past

Can someone please tell me what in the world I was thinking!! I swear my hair and earrings weighed more than I did. The kids found this glorious picture down in the basement yesterday. Senior pics--love em. Obviously this picture has been buried somewhere for a LONG time. It's funny, I can take myself back to that exact day and I remember the whole experience. It had been blistering hot, and I was so concerned that my hair would "fall" with the humidity. At the time, I owned a 1985 Cavalier, which did not have air-conditioning--I don't even think all the windows would open anymore, and the stench of the gas leak through the back seat was enough to make anyone feel a little "flighty". I begged my mom to let me drive their car to the appointment, so that I could use the air and my hair would stay as LARGE as I wanted it. On the way to the appointment, it started to drizzle and I could feel the anxiety rising as I got closer and closer to the studio. I would be devastated if after spending SO much time on my hair, we would have to reschedule the appointment. Well, the drizzle did continue, but the photographer felt that we could still take the pictures. As he laid me down in the semi-wet grass, we snapped away and walla--your finished product stands before you!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hair is fantastic. 80s hair contest? My bangs were award winning.

Michelle said...

ahh, the memories. I forgot how looong your hair was!
I can still smell the sweet stench of gasoline from the silver Cavalier, which was, btw ,the quintessential high school car.

Brenda said...

that rugby shirt (they were SO feminine) and what appear to be acid-washed jeans are simply glorious!

edejong said...

oh the memories! I'm sure you had that shirt tucked in with the perfect amount of overhang. I will always remember the Cavalier. Thanks for the memories!

Tina said...

Erin, that's funny--remember how you would tuck in your shirt and then untuck so that you had just the slightest bit still in your pants--the more "overhang", as you put it, the better!!

Michelle said...

HA!
Shirt tucking was an art form!
Remember tucking the front of the shirt in, but leaving the back to hang out!!!?? T-shirts worked best at this style.

Very fashion forward we were.

Anonymous said...

Are those Dean's pants you are wearing?

holly said...

just reading everyones comments are enogh for me. I can only pray that big and baggy comes back for all your daughters. I see way too much cleavage in senior pictures these days!!

Lynell Shooks said...

i'm in love with this picture simply because it validates my own hidden treasure trove of pictures.....as being PERFECTLY NORMAL for those days!