Sunday, December 23, 2007

Don't take away my Christmas

So, we had a pretty rough night last night, or early morning. About 5am, our power went out due to strong winds. Our whole family is so used to having white noise going during the night (fans, dehumidifiers), that the silence of the morning was too much for any of us to sleep. So, at 5am the kids were talking, getting up to look outside, acting like it was morning, according to Dean and I, "acting like morons." Needless to say, we are all a bit tired. Dean and I are a bit "touchy" with eachother and the kids, the kids are overly emotional about EVERYTHING, and everyone needs a nap. Dean gets very crabby if he doesn't get his Sunday afternoon nap, and I say that with his approval. So, as the kids were finishing lunch this afternoon, he looked at them, and in full seriousness said, "If you guys DON'T take a nap today, there WILL BE NO CHRISTMAS." My eyes popped out of my head--WOW---who threatens their kids with taking away their Christmas? Those are pretty big threats that he'll have to run by Jesus first I'm sure. So to you all, here is hoping that the Vink kids take a nap today, otherwise Jesus may just cancel Christmas this year. Someone is a total bah-humbug!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

drastic times call for drastic measures!

this post is such a cliff hanger :)
I sure hope everyone napped today!

Anonymous said...

It was an annual threat when I was growing up. I can still remember my mother pounding her feet in frustration as she walked to the kitchen and annouced she was calling Santa to cancel Christmas. She would dial a few numbers on the rotary phone (yes, remember rotary phones mounted on the wall) before she would shout, are you kids going to behave or should I keep dialing?

That was serious business.

Lynell Shooks said...

christmases suck.

Stacy said...

Oh wasn't that day fun!?