Thursday, May 17, 2007

Class of ' 07


Elli's whole preschool class.

Elli getting her diploma.

Elli and her cousin Brennan.


Well, we have our first graduate in the family. Last night, Elli graduated from pre-school. Dean found it a bit unnecessary (lol), I found it a bit too precious. I recieved a letter home from Elli's teachers on her last day, that brought tears to my eyes. I will leave a bit of it for you:
"Even though our days with your children have come to the year's end we are left with many, many memories that will enrich our days! One of my best memories of this year is holding your children's hands each day as I put hand sanitizer on their palms. Actually the hand sanitizer has many names: hanitizer, handsizer, appetizer among others! As I was putting the sanitizer on their hands last week I realized how much their hands had grown. It surprised me when I suddenly noticed how much their hands had changed in the nine months. I reflected a bit on what those precious little hands had accomplished this year. They have held crayons, markers, pencils, and paint brushes. They've built grand block buildings, squished playdough, held on to books, and touched soft animal fur. They have held other hands and they have folded together during prayer. We will miss these little hands that have grown in so many ways this year, but we will also continue to fold our hands together in prayer for your children. It is our prayer that your children may continue to grow and develop in all sorts of wonderful ways and most of all that they may grow strong in the Lord and always walk with Him and hold his hand."

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'm so jealous your pictures turned out! I couldn't get any of the whole class. I guess that's the privelage of being a photographer!