Friday, December 22, 2006

Ode To My Girls

As I begin to write this, I think of that cheezy, overused Michael W. Smith song, "Friends Are Friends Forever". I think every graduating class in the 90's had this as their "class song", but the words are still so true.
Last night, we had "coffee night" with the girls. This group of girls, has become very dear to my heart over the last....8 years or so. We all went to high school together, some even as early as elementary school. (Nat, your addition has been a blessing). Some of us hung out on a regular basis back then, some did not. There are 8 of us--one has moved on to New York--www.citygrace.blogspot.com. Combined we have a total of 17 kids, and 3 more on the way. The kids ranging from age 7, down to 1. At one point--up until a year ago, there was not a point in 8 years that one of us was NOT pregnant. It got to be a running joke, that as the pregnant one started ending her pregnancy, we all looked to someone to " take the batton" and continue the tradition. (I have ran my race girls--no more looking to me!!--I will watch from the stands). We don't necessarily see eachother outside of these "coffee nights", but we have all become so close over the last 8-10 years. I love these women for the meer fact that I feel "normal" everytime I talk to them. We share all of our kids stories, husband quirks, day to day battles, and just laugh. As I was driving home last night from coffee, I realized that these girls are complete gems in my life. I think I am getting more and more sappy as I age. I find myself tearing up A LOT more, and reflecting on things A LOT more. Last night, I truely thanked GOD for his faithfulness in giving me such great friends-- examples and great mentors. As a total of 8, we have gone through many things together and lifted eachother up in many ways. I KNOW without a doubt, that these women will be "Friends Forever", and our friendships are only at its beginning stages---God willing, I pray that we have MANY, MANY more years to grow, laugh, cry, and enjoy eachother. Thank you all for your friendship!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there is spirit last night!
I'm sorry I'm going to miss you next Thursday.

Here's to safe (and tantrum-free) travels!

Anonymous said...

I mean, IN spirit.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm sitting at work with tears on my face. Gems, now that's the right word. I feel the same way. I felt great after being with my girls last night, despite missing Dana a whole lot. Have a great trip to Cali! I'll pray for an uneventful plane ride.

Anonymous said...

Tina, you had me in tears! Thanks for the wonderful post. I'm so thankful for this group of girls as well. We are truly blessed to have a group of friends that can stand beside eachother through all the tears of joy, laughter and sorrow. I am so grateful for all of you!

Have a wonderful trip to California! We'll miss you at the shower.