Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"Just Like My Daddy"

We had such a great weekend!!! On Saturday, we got to go to a friends pool and hang out all day--they were out of town and let us just lounge by their pool. The kids loved it. They are definatly water rats. (I don't think they get that from me.) I had to put this first picture in b/c why does every dad think that it is a good idea to teach their boys how to pee "like a man"? It comes back to bite them though when your little boy "whips it out" in public!! Cute little buns. The girls were in the pool all day and Thys was their little gopher getting them the toys they wanted.
Then on Sunday, Dean and I got to go to Mackinaw Island for a work function for Dean. We got to spend 2 nights at the Grand Hotel (all expenses paid!!!). It was beautiful and we had a great time. It was a nice mini vacation for us, since it has been 2 years now since we have gotten away on a vacation together without any kids. But, back to reality tonight as we got home at 5:00 to loud, dramatic, vivacious kids--so quickly you forget how loud houses get with 4 kids!!! It was good to see them again--(umm, when is the next vacation?)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a chance to get away from it all. happy anniversary!? Also, that pic of Thys "watering the grass" reminds me of my own boys, they are 6 & 4, and have not yet grown out of this little habit.